Avalon Cabrillo Compton COVID-19 Golf Jordan Lakewood Long Beach City College Long Beach Poly Long Beach State Millikan Podcast St. Anthony Wilson

PODCAST: Does National Letter Of Intent Day Mean More Or Less In The World Of COVID?

This week on the show we talk about what signing day really means this year before we catch up with Wilson High and Long Beach State alum Torey Edwards. He left the game of golf a decade ago but has worked his way back to being the SCGA Amateur Golfer of The Year. 01:00 Long […]

Golf Long Beach State

Long Beach’s Torey Edwards SCGA Amateur Golfer of The Year

Most people are having a brutal 2020, but Torey Edwards is having one of the best years of his life. The Long Beach native has bounced back from quitting the game of golf a decade ago and was named Southern California Golf Association Amateur Golfer Of The Year after winning the SCGA Mid-Am Championship in […]

Golf Long Beach State Wilson

FEATURE: Dr. Kevin Sverduk Teaches Mental Side of Golf

Famed golf instructor Jim Flick was quoted as saying, “Golf is 90 percent mental, and the other 10 percent is mental too.” The sport has a unique way of challenging its competitors between the ears, testing one’s mental fortitude as much as their physical abilities. Dr. Kevin Sverduk has made a career of teaching the […]

Charity COVID-19 Golf Wilson Youth Sports

TATSU Foundation Getting Creative To Raise Funds For Cancer Research

Not even a global pandemic can stop the Luke TATSU Johnson Foundation from raising money for childhood cancer research. The fourth annual golf tournament, dinner and auction was supposed to take place this month as part of National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, but obviously the COVID-19 shutdowns led to the cancellation of the event. However, […]

Golf Wilson

FEATURE: Wilson’s Alyson Sor Wins Back-to-Back Toyota Tour Cup Events

Once she got home from the golf course, Alyson Sor needed to take a seat and have a moment to herself. She hasn’t even started her sophomore year at Wilson High School yet, but the talented young golfer was already forced to stop and reflect on her accomplishments. “I just thought about all the work […]

Badminton Baseball Basketball Cabrillo Compton Cross Country Diving Football Golf Gymnastics Jordan Lacrosse Lakewood Long Beach Poly Millikan Soccer Softball St. Anthony Swimming Tennis Track & Field Volleyball Water Polo Wilson Wrestling

Moore League Assembles Condensed 2020-21 Sports Schedule

The 2020-21 high school sports season will be unlike any other that came before it. Due to the ongoing pandemic, the entire sports calendar will be condensed into 197 days from December 12, 2020 until the final day of CIF State competition on June 26, 2021. The shortened time frame forced local administrators to get […]

Badminton Baseball Basketball Cabrillo Compton COVID-19 Cross Country Football Golf Gymnastics Jordan Lacrosse Lakewood Long Beach Poly Millikan Soccer Softball St. Anthony Swimming Tennis Track & Field Volleyball Water Polo Wilson Wrestling

NFHS Offers Guidelines for Return of High School Sports

As the current school year comes to a close, attention has already begun to shift towards the fall, and whether high school sports can safely return across the country. On May 15, the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) released the “Guidance for Opening Up High School Athletics and Activities” in an effort […]

Badminton Baseball Cabrillo Compton Golf Lakewood Long Beach Poly Millikan Softball St. Anthony Track & Field Volleyball Wilson

Writing The Story of 2020’s Missing League, CIF Championships

With this week’s scheduled CIF Southern Section championships canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there will officially be a blank line across the record books. Before we close the book on 2019-20, we wanted to take a look at a few of the league and CIF-SS/State championships we expected to be covering this May–just because […]

COVID-19 Golf

Long Beach Golf Courses Reopening Saturday

All five American Golf courses in Long Beach will be reopened on Saturday morning after almost two months of lying dormant because of COVID-19 shutdowns. The return of golf and other outdoor activities is part of phase two of Long Beach restarting the local economy. “It’s really exciting,” American Golf regional general manager Gary Johnson […]